Jodi L. Henninger
Ms. Henninger has extensive experience representing purchasers and sellers of commercial real estate property in all types of complex acquisitions, sales and financing arrangements. Her commercial real estate experience includes assisting numerous clients with Section 1031 deferred tax-free exchanges of properties. She also has represented both landlords and tenants in connection with numerous office, retail and industrial leases. Ms. Henninger also has vast familiarity with negotiating cell tower leases and easements, billboard leases and other ancillary real estate documents.
Ms. Henninger represents both institutional and non-institutional lenders in complex lending transactions; including asset based loans, commercial real estate loans, construction loans, franchise loans, and syndicated transactions. She is experienced in structuring, documenting, negotiating and closing both secured and unsecured loan transactions. In addition, Ms. Henninger has handled numerous workouts, forbearance agreements and loan restructuring.
Recognition, Affiliations & Memberships
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- DuPage County Bar Foundation, current President and Board Member; 2016 – present.
- B. R. Ryall YMCA, Board of Directors, former Board President, 2013- 2022.
- Glenbard West Boosters Parent Organization, current President, 2020 – present.
- Glen Ellyn Junior Women’s Club, Member and past President.
- Former Glen Ellyn Economic Development Corporation Board Member.
- CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) – Chicago Chapter
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- EPWNG (Exclusive Professional Women’s Networking Group) – Western Suburban Chapter Member
- Juris Doctor, DePaul University College of Law (1995)
- Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication, University of Illinois (1992)
- Lorman Education Services frequent lecturer on the following programs:
- Complete Commercial Real Estate Loan Closing Checklist Live Webinar; and
- Updates to Illinois Commercial Title Insurance
- Represented seller in connection with the sale of retail and office property portfolio with more than thirty locations nationwide.
- Represented purchaser in connection with acquisition of 36 unit apartment building on Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented landlord party in connection with negotiation of 99 year ground lease for hotel development in Orlando, Florida.
- Represented national lender in connection with $105,000,000 and $170,000,000 participation loan transactions.
- Represented purchaser in connection with acquisition of strip mall with national tenants including assumption of a permanent non-recourse loan with existing CMBS Lender.
- Represented tenant with regard to build to suit leasing of new headquarters and warehouse in a new 242,372-square-foot facility.
- Represented Fortune 500 Company with due diligence review for national expansion project.
- Represented private lender in connection with junior financing secured by a large regional retail shopping center.
- Represented national lender in connection with a loan to franchise borrower secured by more than thirty (30) locations.